Umap School Route Plan & Nav
School Route Plan & Nav is a system for the intregrated design, supervision and management system for School Bus routes with built-in navigation.
School Route Plan & Nav:
- Is and ideal tool for every School that uses vehicles to transport its students to and from school on a daily basis.
- Is provided ready to use without any required investment or installation.
- Includes in-build voice navigation for the drivers and continuous communication with the center for anything that might occur.
- Uses map backgrounds that are continuously updated through the internet.
The system has been developed by Talent Information Systems S.A. and uses map data by Creative Image Technologies (NaviGreece). It utilizes state-of-the-art geographic information systems (Talent Cruiser) and navigation (Sygic) technologies.
Basic Operational Features
Reception Center. The reception center operator continuously supervises the movement of the vehicles on an interactive high resolution map (powered by Cruiser) of the entire country (NaviGreece), and has a series of management capabilities at his disposal:
- Data entry for students, drivers, vehicles.
- Automatic geo-coding of the reception and delivery points (residences, stops).
- Design “on the map” of the routes, based on suggestions by the system for optimal routes and transit times between student reception and delivery points.
- Real-time monitoring of the movement of the vehicles, locating their position or route on detailed map backgrounds of the whole of Greece and in any scale (up to street block level).
- Transmission of written messages or routes from the center to selected or all units (broadcast). The routes are shown as objects embedded in the navigation map of the drivers.
- Management of unplanned events and deviations from standard vehicle routes (reception cancellations, selection of alternate reception-delivery points, address changes, etc.).
- Automatic telephone notification of the imminent arrival of a vehicle or of its delayed arrival.
- Display and step-by-step analysis of stored past routes, to draw conclusions or to verify data (violations, delivery receipt, delays, etc.).
- Printing of detailed map excerpts of any area in high resolution and on up to A1 size paper.
- Distance measurement either along routes or in a straight line.
- Conduct “intelligent “ searches based on keywords and spatial criteria on the map.
- Display and processing of movement data in tabular form, with the ability to order by column, select multiple objects, add and delete objects, etc.
- Create and print route reports for selected vehicles and specified time intervals. For each route, the destination address, the time and length of the route, etc. are shown.
- Data import from other applications (CRM, GIS, etc.).
Mobile Units. The vehicles are supplied with navigation devices (powered by Sygic) which use maps identical to that of the center and are permanently connected to the reception center through a GPRS network. They are operated using very simple operations on a touch screen and provide capabilities such as:
- Voice direction to the destination points.
- Display of the position of all the vehicles of the fleet on the portable devices of the drivers, to make it possible to coordinate their movements.
- Ability to declare an emergency (SOS button) with automatic notification of the center, as well as all nearby vehicles, to provide help.
- Sending of written messages or routes. They are sent from the center to selected or all units (broadcast). The routes are displayed as objects embedded on the navigation map of the devices.
- Ready to use, without requiring installation
- Immediacy and innovation in service, avoidance of errors, increase of customer satisfaction rate
- Reduction of the requirement for specialized personnel
- Minimization of conversations, saving time for the personnel
- Saving on movement and fuel, with the computation of optimal routes
- Driver safety, using the SOS button
- Support for an unlimited number of vehicles
- Minimization of the use of the mobile telephony network (data) using intelligent data encoding and compression